10 Reasons to Choose Pension & Benefit Services Limited
We understand that efficient and professional pension scheme administration is essential to ensuring that your trustees are fully supported and protected, scheme members are happy and satisfied and that the administration of your pension and benefits scheme is firmly in tune with your organisations goals and objectives.
When you choose Pension & Benefit Services Limited you benefit from the following features of our service...
- Pension Scheme Administration Specialists – because pension scheme administration is our core business, our sole focus is on providing you with the best and most professional administration service possible. When you work with us your scheme does not have to compete for resources and talent with other services such as actuarial, auditing and legal.
- Best Practice Processes – we are passionate about having robust processes in place and operating your scheme in accordance with the rules. With the correct processes, your scheme is more efficient and your trustees are fully supported and protected, and spend less time resolving issues. In addition, your members get a better, more responsive service.
- Comprehensive Service – each member of the team who administers your scheme completes our unique two-year training programme. As a result you are supported by highly competent administrators, with a broad knowledge base, trained in the full range of pension scheme administration tasks.
This means that rather than dealing with many different departments and people on different matters, your trustees and members get to work with a highly skilled and knowledgeable person familiar with all aspects of your scheme.
We also have a highly skilled IT Department, who can change and modify the software used in administering your scheme.
- Risk Management and Controls – in today’s increasingly rigorous regulatory environment, the regulator is very concerned that all appropriate controls are in place for your scheme. Working with a specialist administration firm such as PBS gives you the peace of mind that your scheme is fully compliant, robust and can comfortably withstand regulatory scrutiny.
- Focus on Your Trustees – we know that your trustees have other responsibilities, in most cases full time roles and we believe that as their advisor, our job is to keep trustees fully informed, protected and well advised.
For example, we don’t just give you advice, we make it practical and pragmatic for you and we give you specific recommendations so you can fulfil your duties professionally, with minimum time and effort. We don’t just give the options; we give specific recommendations based on our knowledge of your scheme, its size and the overall regulatory framework.
We give your trustees as much time and support as is required. We welcome queries, calls and questions from trustees. One of our key roles (once agreed with and authorised by trustees) is to act on behalf of the trustees with regulatory bodies, third parties and importantly with your members.
- Focus on Your Members – we welcome calls and emails from your members, and we make sure they get to speak to highly knowledgeable and helpful administrators. In the most delicate of situations, such as bereavement, ill health or redundancy, we show real empathy with your members, and their partners or spouses. In fact, we get many letters thanking us for our help in these situations.
- Focus on Your Organisation – we take the time to understand your culture, objectives and way of working so we can administer your scheme in a way that helps you achieve your organisations goals and objectives.
We believe that highly efficient administration, and positive communication with your members makes a big difference to how they feel about your scheme and your organisation. This in turn can have a positive impact on your staff retention, productivity and recruitment.
And in less than happy circumstances such as redundancy, we are able to assist by explaining the situation to your workforce, handling all queries, and keeping things professional at a difficult time.
- Cost Control and Value – we are also highly sensitive to the need to control costs and provide you with excellent value for money. For example, we don’t charge for every little query, piece of advice or communication.
In addition when, for example, you need member communications prepared, employee meetings organised or specific training - because of our expertise we can provide good value for money. This means you benefit from lower costs and you don’t get unexpected bills appearing on a regular basis.
- Appropriate Advice – some elements of pension scheme administration could be classed as ‘nice to have’ rather than essential. So that’s what we advise. Rather than promoting the latest ‘nice to have’ service or product, we are committed to helping you to make the right decision, and to choosing what is essential and appropriate for your scheme.
We believe it is in everyone’s long-term interest to do what is best and most appropriate for the scheme; its members and trustees. We are passionate about doing the right thing even when it works against our short-term interest.
- Excellent Customer Service – we listen to what you want. We are flexible. We respond quickly to your queries. We keep promises and meet deadlines. We are proactive. We are open to your suggestions. Above all else, we really care about the service you receive. Our mission is "To be the best Third Party Pension Administrator, specialising in providing a highly personalised, flexible service and focusing on exceeding our clients' and their members' expectations."
When you choose us, we believe that above all else you benefit from one key quality, which drives our entire firm and makes a big difference to our clients’ lives – that is, that we really care.
- We care about getting it right for you – 100% right.
- We care about running your pension scheme efficiently, to the highest professional standards and best practices.
- We care about keeping your scheme fully compliant.
- We care about being highly thought of and respected by your members, trustees and the entire organisation.
- We care about the standard of our work.
- We care about the timeliness of our work.
We are passionate about doing the right thing even when it works against our short-term interest.
You can contact us to find out more about our services by phone on 01904 422702, via our contact form on this website, or by email at email@example.com.